Increasingly, Our country is getting into Statue Politics. A lot of arguments are floating around. Media is playing its part with different forms of propaganda.
Before we go into the discussion of whether
- the person whose statue is vandalized is foreign or Indian.
- the previous government vandalized any other statues.
- the people opposed the vandalism in other countries.
- the person of the statue contributed to India or not.
- the people know the reason behind the installation of statues.
- and more similar arguments...
Did we observe the culture of mob justice rising in the country at an alarming rate?
We have to acknowledge the rise in mob justice, be it on people or statues. This abuse of constitution is an abuse of democracy itself! The abuse of democracy should not be tolerated by any of us.